Use nine: Try softening brushes that are hardened with old, dried-in paint by boiling them in vinegar and let them stand for one hour. Then heat the vinegar and brushes come to a gentle boil. Simmer for 20 minutes. Rinse well, working the softened paint out of the bristles. For extremely heavy paint encrustations, you may need to repeat the process...or head to the hardware store.

Use ten: A little vinegar and salt added to the water you wash leafy green vegetables will float out bugs and kill germs.

Use eleven: Soak or simmer stuck-on food in 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar. The food will soften and lift off in a few minutes.

Use twelve: Clean and freshen the garbage disposal by running a tray of ice cubes, with 1/2 cup of vinegar poured over them, through it once a week.

Use thirteen: In a pinch, you can use equal parts of lemon juice and vinegar to clean brass and copper. On difficult areas add a little salt to the mix for some abrasive action.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

101. Touchdown!

Another beautiful day in Paradise!  I've capitalized Paradise because it is a name of a place and that place is right here in our canyon.  The only thing that would be better would be a big screen television out on our new little patio so we could watch the Super Bowl commercials in the great out of doors!  I guess some folks, like Bob, watch the game for the game's sake.  Ha...I have to laugh!  I still don't know exactly what a down is and seriously don't really care.  It's the funny commercials that I love.

We watched the special on Super Bowl commercials on Friday night and I have to say I agree with the call in's choice.  The lamb streaking is a great one...but a definite runner-up is the dog with the bark collar and the Doritos eater who had the audacity to tease him. Of course, Betty White stole the show last year with her roll in the mud.  She is the ultimate "old lady sport!"  Poor Abe Vagoda hardly got a tip of the hat!  I think that most people, like me, thought he was dead.  Not so, he was in the mud just like Betty.
http://superbowlads.fanhouse.com/2010/doritos-dogs-revenge/

Still, we have our W.W. snacks planned and I have sworn to finish a drawing that has been haunting me.  My compatriot will undoubtedly sleep soundly with Maggie in his lap snoring in tune through at least half of said game.  That's OK, I find great humor in turning the channel (just to be ornery) and start counting just to see how far I get before he realizes I done such a dastardly thing.  Life is full of such simple pleasures one only has to be resourceful.  A good laugh is good for your heart and everything that ails you!  Enjoy the game...I know you can think of some way to get a KICK out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment