Use nine: Try softening brushes that are hardened with old, dried-in paint by boiling them in vinegar and let them stand for one hour. Then heat the vinegar and brushes come to a gentle boil. Simmer for 20 minutes. Rinse well, working the softened paint out of the bristles. For extremely heavy paint encrustations, you may need to repeat the process...or head to the hardware store.

Use ten: A little vinegar and salt added to the water you wash leafy green vegetables will float out bugs and kill germs.

Use eleven: Soak or simmer stuck-on food in 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar. The food will soften and lift off in a few minutes.

Use twelve: Clean and freshen the garbage disposal by running a tray of ice cubes, with 1/2 cup of vinegar poured over them, through it once a week.

Use thirteen: In a pinch, you can use equal parts of lemon juice and vinegar to clean brass and copper. On difficult areas add a little salt to the mix for some abrasive action.

Monday, February 14, 2011

106. Chick Flick Here We Come

Brrrrrr!  It is chilly and drippy outside this morning.  I'm sitting in the office in front of  a little heater, well mostly in front, Maggie likes it too so she parks herself between the heater and me.  For some unknown reason the office is the coldest room in this little cottage.  Maybe it's because I'm not moving about and just sitting here, at any rate here I sit and cold.  I even have my thermal undies on and heavy socks.  Yikes!

I have been browsing the internet and stumbled across a site that might interest you foodies out there.  You might like even if you don't care about cooking because there are really simple and easy recipes, as well.  It purports having a million recipes!  You can access by chef's name, ingredients, recipe name and on and on.  I typed in Hungry Girl and lots of her recipes came up for you to scroll through.  It is amazing!  I guess if the recipe has ever been on television, you can find it and the show.  Sometimes this whole internet thing can be pretty amazing!

FOODILY

Let me know what you think. It's a good thing we have to go to town today or I would be cooking.  My Valentine is taking me to see the new Jennifer Aniston movie.  We neither one need anything, so we started a tradition a few years back to just go to the movies.  (Be jealous girls, I snagged a man that likes 'chick flicks!'  Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment