Use nine: Try softening brushes that are hardened with old, dried-in paint by boiling them in vinegar and let them stand for one hour. Then heat the vinegar and brushes come to a gentle boil. Simmer for 20 minutes. Rinse well, working the softened paint out of the bristles. For extremely heavy paint encrustations, you may need to repeat the process...or head to the hardware store.

Use ten: A little vinegar and salt added to the water you wash leafy green vegetables will float out bugs and kill germs.

Use eleven: Soak or simmer stuck-on food in 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar. The food will soften and lift off in a few minutes.

Use twelve: Clean and freshen the garbage disposal by running a tray of ice cubes, with 1/2 cup of vinegar poured over them, through it once a week.

Use thirteen: In a pinch, you can use equal parts of lemon juice and vinegar to clean brass and copper. On difficult areas add a little salt to the mix for some abrasive action.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

121. Hmmm, Now Where is That?

Well, here we are at Peg and Jim Adkins home for
a warm-up gathering before the 50th class reunion of Pomona High Class of 1961.  What a great time we had.  We are blessed with so many friends from our school days!  It was a great time and place to grow up.  Things were safe enough for kids to be kids and do goofy things with out drugs.  Imagine that!

The reunion itself went off without a hitch.  A nice crowd without being too large, the DJ was kind enough to play the music so we could still visit, the dinner was edible and the cheesecake was fabulous!  I think the alum that came from the farthest was from Canada. 


I still have my Adelphis Tri-Hi-YMCA Club sweatshirt, but neglected to wear it.  Actually it is in the storage building in my hope chest.  But, by golly, I'll wear it to the next one.  That will be a good reason to clean things out and find it.  I have to play head games with myself to get projects like that done.  The 55th reunion will give me an incentive and I have five whole years to unload it.  I think I'll have gals sign it.  Remember the old autograph hounds?  Little stuffed dogs that everyone signed.  I think I had one of those, too.  Hmmm, I wonder where that is?  I say that a lot now a days but it's usually in reference to something that I just had in my hand.  Sound familiar?

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice picture. Everyone of you girls look so great. Just like 'back in the day'.

    ReplyDelete