Use nine: Try softening brushes that are hardened with old, dried-in paint by boiling them in vinegar and let them stand for one hour. Then heat the vinegar and brushes come to a gentle boil. Simmer for 20 minutes. Rinse well, working the softened paint out of the bristles. For extremely heavy paint encrustations, you may need to repeat the process...or head to the hardware store.

Use ten: A little vinegar and salt added to the water you wash leafy green vegetables will float out bugs and kill germs.

Use eleven: Soak or simmer stuck-on food in 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar. The food will soften and lift off in a few minutes.

Use twelve: Clean and freshen the garbage disposal by running a tray of ice cubes, with 1/2 cup of vinegar poured over them, through it once a week.

Use thirteen: In a pinch, you can use equal parts of lemon juice and vinegar to clean brass and copper. On difficult areas add a little salt to the mix for some abrasive action.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

31. All This Time. Who Knew?


 I've avoided the scales for two weeks, Weight Watcher's scales that is.  I weigh at home most every morning.  I guess you aren't supposed to, once a week is recommended.  I'm too curious and sort of plan the food day depending on the scale.  On the day I go to have them weigh me, I weigh my self in the clothes I'm going to wear so there aren't any big surprises.  That's another thing...Never wear heavy clothes...No heavy denim...Heavy sweaters can be worn, but with a  light blouse or T under so said sweater can be removed...These rules must be carefully followed in order to achieve the lowest weight possible (with strangers watching.)  Now no one ever berates you or says anything, it's between you and the receptionist.  I just don't want any surprises.  All of this sounds so silly, especially to Bob.  Why, he doesn't even take off his shoes when he goes to the doctor and has to be weighed.  If I chewed gum, I'd spit it out and I never wear heavy jewelry to a weigh in either.  Five minutes after Bob has been weighed he can't even remember how much he weighed.  I wish I thought it was a lie he was telling me, but you know what?  It's true.  Ah, to live in oblivion. 

After all this torture, I finally found the simple answer to the morning ritual of the weigh in.  It came in an email.  Leave it to the internet to solve all problems big and small.  A click of the mouse and the answer is there.  It's so very simple, as most problems usually are.  









Wish me luck.  I'm bound to get some resistance from their staff!

3 comments:

  1. Well it is always easy for the men, Winston is always quick to say I am the same weight that I was when we married. He has said in the past to me, I thought we were not going to change. How come you put on weight. Maybe it's because I ate :). Come on I have always said that I was on a sea food diet. I look at food and it just becomes poundage for me, heck I don't eaven have to eat it and the pounds go on. I will always fight the fight, but I hope to get a better hold on it. I have lost 20 lbs so far this year and my doctor want to see another 38 come off before I can have my knee replacement. The pain is so bad in my knees that I think it far out weighs the hunger pains. Well I have to look on the bright or lighter side of this. Wishing you luck tonight with your weigh in. Love to you both. Love Raine and Win P.S. I had to post this Anonymous because I could not get it to post anyother way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, OK. This is your best one so far. I think you know that. And your are right. The guys just step right on those scales like they were nothing and then totally forget. Bruce does this too. They must be twins. Wish the weight came off that easily. Love, Dort

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some newspaper or magazaine needs to see your writings and get you Printed - daily/weekly/monthly.
    I see that you writings are even better than your art - which is most fabulous.
    You are talented is what I am trying to say.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete